1. WHAT DO CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES CONTAIN?
Chloralieve lozenges contain lidocaine hydrochloride 2mg, amylmetacresol 0.6mg and 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol.
2. HOW DO CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES WORK?
Chloralieve lozenges are dual action and have an anaesthetic to numb the pain and two antiseptics to fight infection in the throat.
3. WHAT FLAVOURS ARE AVAILABLE IN CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES?
Chloralieve lozenges come in Honey & Lemon flavour and Mint flavour.
4. DO CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES CONTAIN ANTIBIOTICS?
No, Chloralieve lozenges do not contain antibiotics.
5. WHO CAN TAKE CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES?
Chloralieve lozenges are suitable for adults and children over 12 years.
6. ARE CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN?
Chloralieve lozenges are suitable for children over 12 years.
7. HOW DO YOU TAKE CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES?
Consumers should suck one lozenge every 2-3 hours. They should be dissolved slowly in the mouth, not in the cheek sac. Adults can take up to 8 in 24 hours, children up to 4. They can be taken for up to 5 days.
8. HOW MANY LOZENGES CAN I TAKE?
Adults can take up to 8 in 24 hours, children up to 4. They can be taken for up to 5 days.
9. WILL CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES CAUSE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. During the period of use, the following adverse reactions have been reported for the combination of active substances in this medicinal product: You should stop taking Chloralieve and see your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms of angioedema, such as
- swollen face, tongue or pharynx
- difficulty swallowing
- hives and difficulty breathing
10. CAN I TAKE CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES WITH OTHER PAIN RELIEF?
Chloralieve lozenges should not be taken with any other local anaesthetics (amides). Additionally, Chloralieve should not be taken with any other mouth or throat antiseptics. For a full list of possible medicinal interactions please read the package leaflet and you should tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. It may be necessary to adjust your dose.
11. WHERE CAN I BUY CHLORALIEVE LOZENGES?
You can buy Chloralieve lozenges from the following retailers: Lloyds pharmacy, Boots, Well, Day Lewis, Rowlands, Superdrug, Cohens, Paydens/Sangers, Kamsons Pharmacy, Weldricks Pharmacy, Tesco
12. DO I NEED A PRESCRIPTION?
No, you do not need a prescription for Chloralieve lozenges; please ask your pharmacist.